Air testing of non-dwellings
Air Leakage testing is a requirement for all non-dwelling buildings under the England and Wales Building Regulations, Approved Document L2A - Conservation of Fuel and Power. With a few exceptions, all non-dwellings will need to be tested for air tightness compliance, if you are unsure whether your building falls into this category please speak to a member of staff who will be able to let you know.
Is air testing for commercial buildings different to domestic?
The test is conducted in almost the same way as a domestic air tightness test, with different sized fans being used depending on the size of the building.
At JSD Air and Acoustic Testing we offer:
- 24/7 nationwide non-dwelling air testing services
- Smoke testing to show air leakage paths
- Thermal Imaging to identify any air leakage and insulation faults
- Various sized fans to test most buildings
- Site visits during construction to help avoid common problem areas and advise on remedial work of any areas that may cause a problem
- All test are carried out by fully trained and qualified test engineers using UKAS calibrated equipment.
- JSD is UKAS accredited to test in accordance with relevant regulation to ATTMA TS L2, guaranteeing certificates and reports will be recognised by all building controls.